Blast from the past: Vogue USA December 1992, "Grunge & glory"


I was 3 in 1992, and I couldn't care less about fashion.As a 90's kid, I know who all the supermodels are because I saw them on the tv very often. But then again, it wasn't until 2007 that I started to love fashion, so I don't really know much about fashion during the 90's. That makes me quite sad, since it was such a great moment fashion wise. However, it's hard to find scans or videos of that time.
This editorial has been scanned by kelles, at TFS forum.

A couple of weeks ago, I was watching tv and I found a fashion documentarie on Sky arts. The documentarie is called "In Vogue: the editor's eye". You can watch it on youtube (I'll link the video in this post) if you want to. I really recommend it because, even if it was filmed in 2012, it's something that you need to watch if you really like fashion.
Lots of iconic pictures are shown in this documentarie. That's how I discovered this editorial, shot by Steven Meisel.

Meisel is a genius, isn't he? When he's inspired, he can create the most stunning pictures. And this editorial is really important, in many ways.
In the video, they explain how this was the first time they introduced grunge in a fashion magazine. You can like or not (I love it), but grunge is still trendy. And it's really cool to know that it was thanks to this editorial, and Marc Jacobs' collection, that it became so popular.
I mean, grunge music was popular already, but this mixture of grunge and fashion made it popular in a different way. As they say in the documentarie, it was the first time they introduced streetstyle clothes on a fashion magazine. Now we're used to that, but back then it was shocking for a lot of people. We have to think this happened 23 years ago.

Again, watch the documentarie because you won't regret it. I promise!!


Vogue USA December 2015: 
Nadja Auermann, Kristen McMenamy, Naomi Campbell & others, by Steven Meisel

Grunge & Glory











In Vogue: the editor's eye



Tenía 3 años en 1992, y no me podía importar menos la moda. Como niña de los 90 que soy, conozco a todas las supermodelos porque las veía en televisión a menudo. Pero de nuevo os digo que no fue hasta 2007 que me empecé a enamorar de la moda, así que no se mucho de la moda durante los 90. Esto me entristece porque fue un gran momento. Sin embargo, es difícil encontrar vídeo o fotos de esa época.
Este editorial fue escaneado por kelles en el foro TFS.

Hace unas semanas estaba viendo la tele y me topé con un documental de moda en Sky arts. El documental se llama "In Vogue: the editor's eye". Lo podéis encontrar en youtube (os pongo el vídeo en esta entrada) si queréis. Lo recomiendo mucho porque, pese a haberse grabado en 2012, es algo que necesitamos ver todos los que amamos la moda.
Muchas imágenes icónicas son mostradas en este documental. Fue así como descubrí este editorial realizado por Steven Meisel.

Meisel es un genio, ¿verdad? Cuando está inspirado, es capaz de crear las imágenes más bellas. Y este editorial es importante en varios aspectos.
En el vídeo explican como esta fue la primera vez que introdujeron el grunge en una revista de moda. Puede gustaros o no (a mi me encanta), pero el grunge sigue siendo tendencia. Y es increíble saber que fue gracias a este editorial, y a la colección de Marc Jacobs, el que se convirtiese en algo tan popular.
A ver, por supuesto que la música grunge ya era popular. Pero fue esta mezcla de grunge y moda lo que lo hizo popular en otro sentido. Como dicen en el documental, fue la primera vez que se introdujo un estilo de calle en una revista de moda. Ahora estamos acostumbrados a ello, pero fue chocante para mucha gente en su época. Tenemos que darnos cuenta que este edito se realizó hace 23 años.


De nuevo os repito que veáis el documental, porque no os vais a arrepentir. ¡¡Prometido!!

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

MET Gala 2018: Best dressed