Haute Couture Spring/Summer 2018: Valentino, Chanel, Dior, ...

Another Couture season has ended, and it felt very similar to me to the last few. By that I mean that I was kind of disappointed by most shows, but Valentino arrived and saved the day. 
It is not just about creating good collections, it is about understanding HC as a concept. And I think Pierpaolo is really good at that.

Another positive surprise was Givenchy. It was Clare's debut on the Couture world, and I have to say that I liked it way more than expected. 

In the model department, someone who keeps on capturing my attention is Fran Summers, who walked most shows and opened Valentino. Vittoria and Kiki had yet another great season as well. 


Otra temporada de costura ha terminado, y siento que ha sido similar a las últimas. Me refiero a que estaba algo decepcionada, y luego llegó Valentino para salvarnos a todos.
Esto no va solo de crear buenas colecciones, sino de entender el concepto de Alta Costura. Y creo que eso a Pierpaolo se le da muy bien.

Otra sorpresa positiva fue Givenchy. Era el debut en costura de Clare, y he de admitir que me gustó más de lo esperado.

En lo que a modelos se refiere, la que sigue llamándome la atención con todo lo que hace es Fran Summers, que hizo casi todos los desfiles y abrió Valentino. Vittoria y Kiki tuvieron otro temporadón.


  -Chanel:


  -Dior:


  -Givenchy:


  -Elie Saab:


  -Valentino:


Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Blast from the past: Vogue USA December 1992, "Grunge & glory"

MET Gala 2018: Best dressed