Talking music: Nothing More

As I said on my last book review, I really enjoyed talking about non-fashion things during December. Fashion is something I'm very passionate about, but music is something I can't live without.

Lately, I've been listening to Nothing More's latest album (The stories we tell ourselves) a lot. It's a band I knew about, but I never really got into their sound completely. This last album is, in my opinion, so much better than their previous stuff. Really, check it out.
It's not as heavy as I usually go for, so don't be scared ;)
I'll tell you briefly about my favourite songs.


Como ya dije en mi última reseña de un libro, disfruté mucho de hablar de cosas no relacionadas con la moda durante diciembre. La moda es algo que me apasiona, pero la música es algo sin lo que no puedo vivir.

Últimamente, he estado escuchando mucho el último disco de Nothing More (The stories we tell ourselves). Es un grupo que conocía, pero nunca me acabé de hacer fan de su sonido. Este último disco es, en mi opinión, mucho mejor que sus trabajos anteriores. En serio, dadle una oportunidad.
No es tan "heavy" como de costumbre, así que no os asustéis. 
Ahora os quiero mencionar brevemente mis canciones favoritas. 


  -Do you really want it? 

One of the first songs that caught my attention because of how upbeat it is. I don't dance properly, and this kind of song is perfect for me. I can jump around and look ridiculous while having the best time of my life.
Also, as with most of their songs, I adore the lyrics. They all have a message on them, and I'm always a fan of that.


Una de las primeras canciones que me llamó la atención por su ritmo. Yo no bailo bien, y este tipo de canción es perfecta para mi. Puedo ir dando saltos como una loca mientras me lo paso de maravilla.
Además, como pasa con la mayoría de sus canciones, adoro la letra. Todas sus letras tienen algún mensaje en ellas, y eso me encanta.


  -Let'em burn:

Probably my favourite song of the album. It kind of has it all for me.


Probablemente mi canción favorita del disco. Lo tiene todo para mi.


  -Ripping me appart:

My favourite drums of the album. I really like Ben as a drummer, and that is probably one of the reasons why I like this album more than the old ones.
It is also an absolute headbanger. 


En esta canción están mis partes favoritas de batería del disco. Me gusta mucho Ben como batería, y es probablemente uno de los motivos por el que me gusta más este disco que los anteriores.
No puedo parar de mover la cabeza cuando oigo esta canción. 


  -Funny little creatures:

This song talks about questioning yourself, and I think most people can relate to the lyrics in some way. I particularly love the part when it says: "Fear is a liar, but he's been right before".



Esta canción hable de cuestionarse a uno mismo, y por eso creo que la mayoría de gente puede sentirse representada en estas letras. Me encanta cuando canta: "Fear is a liar, but he's been right before" (El miedo es un mentiroso, pero acertó en el pasado).



  -Still in love:

I'm not usually into slower songs, but this one has a lot of feeling and it's very beautiful both when it comes to lyrics and instruments.


No me suelen gustar las canciones más lentas, pero detrás de esta hay mucho sentimiento y es muy bonita tanto en cuanto a la letra como a los instrumentos.


  -Go to war:

Not my personal favourite, but probably the best. I love political messages in songs, and these lyrics inspire me a lot because of that.


No es mi favorita personalmente, pero probablemente sea la mejor. Me encanta ver mensajes políticos en canciones, y esta letra me inspira mucho por ello.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Blast from the past: Vogue USA December 1992, "Grunge & glory"

MET Gala 2018: Best dressed