YSL beauty "Babydoll"

YSL has a new beauty collection called Babydoll. They had a perfume with this name before, and now a make-up collection.
I like YSL make-up. I don't own a lot of things but I got the chance to try several products and I liked them. My favourite product has to be their "Shocking" mascara, which I highly recommend. So I would like to try this mascara as well. I don't know if we'll see more ads with more products, but, so far, we've only seen this mascara ad.

But I want to talk about this ad and not about the quality of the products.
The model they booked is Cara Delevingne, and I don't mean to be rude but, they can put her in ther RTW campaign because she's an it-girl and blah blah blah....but on a beauty campaign? Wrong.
And the worst part of it is that they use her for a campaign called "Babydoll". Cara's look is boyish, not babydoll. Three other models have been doing YSL beauty ads lately, and they are Edita Vilkeviciute, Ginta Lapina and Anais Pouliot. Well, if you have Ginta and Anais, why do you use Cara? Ginta is such a doll and so ir her face, and the same happens with Anais (well, she is sort of a Bratz, but it works too). And this opinion is not about "I like this model so I want her to do every single ad" or "I don't like this model so I'm going to say everything she does is bad", because I love Edita but I say that she doesn't have a babydoll look either, so she won't fit the idea of the ad. So, as I said before, wrong model makes the ad look wrong.

The picture itself is pretty average. The pose is not that special and, of course, it's extremely photoshopped.
And then we have the video. It would be a nice tv ad for a make-up line called rock-chick or something like that. But not for this line.
The concept is wrong, and it makes me sort of angry when those things happen. Fashion freak ;)
How perfect this campaign would be with Gemma Ward on it.








YSL tiene una nueva colección de belleza llamada Babydoll.
Me gusta el maquillaje de YSL. No tengo muchas cosas, pero he tenido la oportunidad de probar muchos productos y me han gustado. Mi favorito es la máscara "Shocking", la cual recomiendo. Así que me gustaría probar esta máscara también. No sé si veremos más anuncios con más productos, pero de momento hemos visto solo este de la máscara de pestañas.

Pero quiero hablar del anuncio, no de la calidad de los productos.
La modelo elegida es Cara Delevingne y, no quiero ser dura pero, la pueden poner en la campaña de PAP porque es una it-girl y bla bla bla...pero, ¿en una campaña de belleza? Error.
Y la peor parte es que la suan para una campaña llamada Babydoll. El luego de cara es masculino, no de muñeca. Otras tres modelos han hecho campañas de belleza para YSL recientemente, y son Edita Vilkeviciute, Ginta Lapina y Anais Pouliot. Bueno, teniendo a Ginta y Anais, ¿por qué usar a Cara? Ginta es una muñeca, y su cara también lo es. Y lo mismo pasa con Anais (bueno, es más una Bratz, pero funciona igual). Y esta opinión no se basa en "me gusta esta modelo y quiero que haga todas las campañas" o en "no me gusta esta modelo así que diré que todo lo que hace esta mal", porque adoro a Edita pero digo que tampoco tiene ese look de muñeca y no pegaría con la idea del anuncio. Así que, como ya he dicho más veces, modelo equivocada hace que el anuncio se vea equivocado.

La foto en sí es muy normalita. La pose no es nada especial y, por supuesto, esta extremadamente fotosopeada.
Y luego tenemos el video. Sería un bonito anuncio de televisión para una línea llamada rock chick o algo así, pero no para esta línea.
El concepto está mal desarrollado y eso me molesta mucho. Friki de la moda ;)
Que perfecta sería esta campaña con Gemma Ward.





Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Blast from the past: Vogue USA December 1992, "Grunge & glory"

MET Gala 2018: Best dressed