My top 10, 2016

FAVOURITE MODELS:

Vittoria Ceretti (Italy)


Maartje Verhoef (The Netherlands)


Kiki Willems (The Netherlands)


Grace Elizabeth (USA)


Camille Hurel (France)



FASHION COLLECTIONS:

Carolina Herrera FW 16.17


Prada FW 16.17


Louis Vuitton FW 16.17


Fendi HC FW 16


Prada SS 17



CAMPAIGNS:

Dior SS 16, by Patrick Demarchelier


Ralph Lauren SS 16, by Bruce Weber


Proenza Schouler FW 16.17, by Zoë Ghertner


Max Mara FW 16.17, by Steven Meisel


Miu Miu Resort 2017, by Alasdair McLellan



VOGUE COVERS:

Vogue México February: Blanca Padilla by Alvaro Beamud


Vogue Germany March: Anna Ewers by Patrick Demarchelier


Vogue Russia March: Grace Hartzel by Patrick Demarchelier


Vogue Italy July: Vittoria Ceretti by Steven Meisel


Vogue Korea December: Jean Campbell by Hyea W Kang



OTHER COVERS:

Elle UK March: Karlie Kloss by Kai Z Feng


Numéro March: Maartje Verhoef by Txema Yeste


Muse 43: Adrienne Jüliger by Thomas Lohr


Porter Summer: Jessica Chastain by Ryan McGinley


UK Elle June: Ginta Lapina by Gilles Bensimon



MUSIC:

Halestorm


Skillet


Korn


The Pretty Reckless


Slipknot



TV SHOWS:

A League of their own (Sky 1)

The Apprentice (BBC)

Germany's Next Topmodel (Prosieben)

Gilmore Girls Revival (Netflix)

The Big Bang Theory (CBS)


BOOKS:

The sin eater's daughter, by Melinda Salisbury https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21936988-the-sin-eater-s-daughter











BLOGS/YOUTUBE:

Just Karlie Kloss: 

Lucy Wood:

Hailey in Bookland:

Niomi Smart:

Loudwire:


RANDOM:

So, another year is over. It's been quite the year, hasn't it? At some points, we've all thought that it couldn't get worse, only to realise a couple of days later that it could. But, let's think about more positive things, because there were lots of positives in this year too.
For me, one of those positives has been finding my way in life. Still a long way to go but, I feel like I've grown a lot as a person in the last 12 months and that makes me really happy. I also feel like that helped me enjoy the things I love even more. From reading to writing, and of course music. I have enjoyed listening to the bands I like more than I ever have, and I'm proud to say I love those bands. If people want to judge me, then go ahead and do it.
I've also enjoyed the English culture a lot. I believe that when you move to a different country, you have to enjoy that country's culture. Complaining about not having everything you had in your country is absolutely pointless. You're wasting both your time and everyone else's.
Because of where I work now, I've also become a very basic person. Too much time spent at Starbucks, but I loved every second.
And of course, I can't finish without mentioning my constant...cricket. For most people I'm just the annoying person that can't stop talking about it, but that sport keeps on bringing me happiness. Lord's has been my happy place of 2016, and The Oval will be my happy place in 2017 (go Surrey! xD). I know it.
Feel free to share with me your favourites of the year. I'd love to know them =)


Un año más que termina. Y, menudo añito ha sido, ¿verdad? Ha habido momentos en que todos pensamos que no podía ir a peor. Y unos días más tarde comprobamos que si podía ir a peor. Pero, pensemos en las cosas positivas ahora, porque también hubo muchos aspectos positivos en este año.
Para mi uno de esas cosas positivas ha sido conseguir enfocar mi vida en la dirección correcta. Aún queda mucho por hacer, pero creo que he crecido mucho como persona en los últimos 12 meses y eso me alegra mucho. Y considero que esa estabilidad ha hecho que disfrute más de las cosas que me gustan. Desde leer hasta escribir, y por supuesto de la música. He disfrutado escuchando los grupos que me gustan más que nunca, y me siento orgullosa de decir que son esos grupos y no otros los que me gustan. Si la gente me quiere juzgar, que lo hagan.
También he disfrutado de la cultura inglesa. Creo que cuando te mudas a un país diferente es obligatorio disfrutar de su cultura. Quejarte de que no tienes lo mismo que tenías en tu país es una bobada. Estás malgastando tu tiempo y el del resto.
Debido a donde trabajo ahora, me he convertido en alguien muy básico. Demasiado tiempo paso en Starbucks, pero adoro cada segundo.
Y por supuesto, no puedo terminar sin mencionar mi constante...el cricket. Para la mayoría de gente soy la pesada que no calla con el mismo tema, pero ese deporte me ha aportado grandes cantidades de felicidad. Lord's ha sido mi "happy place" del 2016, y The Oval será el de 2017 (¡Vamos Surrey! xD). Lo sé.
Podéis compartir conmigo vuestros favoritos del año. Me encantaría conocerlos =)

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Blast from the past: Vogue USA December 1992, "Grunge & glory"

MET Gala 2018: Best dressed