Paris Fashion Week Fall/Winter 17.18: Review #1

Paris! What a beautiful city full of beautiful shows. I'm in such a good fashion mood lately.
And Dries Van Noten helped with that by having the best cast a show could have. The designer has been calling models who have been his muses for the last couple of months. This show was his 100th show and he wanted it to be a show where models who know how to wear his clothes walked. It wasn't just that he casted iconic models, it was that he casted models who fit the brand. Sometimes, we just have shows with it girls who are amazing, but...they may not fit the show as much as other would. For me, this show will forever be an iconic moment and I'm glad I got to watch it as it happened.

¡París! Que ciudad tan bonita llena de desfiles preciosos. Estoy de muy buen humor modil últimamente.
Y Dries Van Noten ayudó reuniendo el mejor casting que puede haber en un desfiles. El diseñador comenzó a contactar modelos que han sido sus musas hace meses. Este fue su desfile número 100 y quiso que fuera un desfile en que las modelos que desfilaran supiesen llevar su ropa. No es ya el hecho de que hubiera modelos icónicas, es que hubo modelos que eran perfectas para la marca. A veces tenemos desfiles con todas las it girls maravillosas y...no todas pegan en el desfile como pegarían otras. Para mi, este desfile será siempre un momento icónico y me alegro de haberlo visto según pasaba. 


Another exciting moment was Claire Waight-Keller's last show for Chloé. As usual, I liked the collection. I'll definetely miss her.
Lanvin's collection was lovely, but the drama around the brand made me think about that more than I thought about the clothes. 
And one of the highlights of the season was Balmain and the music used for the show. I didn't even pay attention to the models, I was just singing.

  -Chloé:


  -Isabel Marant:


  -Rochas:


  -Balmain:


  -Lanvin:


Otro momento emocionante fue el último desfile de Claire Waight-Keller para Chloé. Como de costumbre, me gustó la colección. Se la echará de menos.
La colección de Lanvin fue muy bonita, pero la polémica que ha rodeado a la marca me hizo pensar más en eso que en la ropa.
Y uno de los momentos de la temporada fue la música del desfile de Balmain. Ni presté atención a las modelos, porque me pasé el rato cantando. 

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Blast from the past: Vogue USA December 1992, "Grunge & glory"

MET Gala 2018: Best dressed