Nadja Bender for Porter Summer 2018, by Dan Smith


I mostly buy fashion magazines because of the photos, which isn't groundbreaking. Fashion is very visual, and magazines are as well. But there are exceptiones.
When I think about Porter magazine, I don't just think about their pretty photos (I absolutely adore their editorials as well). For me, they have the best articles.

As I writer myself, I value the quality of the articles more than many people may do. For me there isn't a better feeling than reading an article and thinking: I wish I had been the one who wrote it.
And that happened to me on pretty much every article published on this new issue of Porter. As a matter of fact, I kept on adding posting to different pages because I want to do a post all about those articles.

But, like I said, I also like their editorials. And today I want to show you my favourite of the issue, which is one that also has quite an interesting article attached to it. It's about beauty, which might make it look less "deep" than the others, but it is equally as good.
The model chosen for it is Nadja Bender, who I really like. And she has always had one of the best bodies in the industry, so she is absolutely perfect for this editorial. 
And, being honest with you, I just love beach editorials...even if I never go to the beach!

The Beauty Memo








Compro revistas de moda principalmente por las fotos, lo cual no es nada sorprendente. La moda es algo muy visual, y las revistas lo son también. Pero hay excepciones.
Cuando pienso en la revista Porter, no solo recuerdo sus fotos (pese a que adoro sus editoriales). Para mi gusto tienen los mejores artículos.

Siendo escritora, le doy mucha importante a los artículos. Más que mucha gente que pueda razonar que si es una revista de moda, lo más importante son las fotos. Para mi no hay mejor sensación que la de acabar de leer un artículo y pensar: ojalá lo hubiera escrito yo.
Y eso me ha pasado en prácticamente todos los artículos publicados en este número de Porter. De hecho, iba marcando con post-its todo lo que me resultaba interesante para hacer una entrada dedicada solo a los artículos.

Pero como ya he dicho, también me gustan sus editoriales. Y hoy os quería enseñar el que más me ha gustado de entre todos, y que también tiene un artículo muy interesante relacionado con las fotos. Es sobre belleza, lo cual puede resultar menos "profundo". Pero es igualmente bueno.
La modelo elegida para el es Nadja Bender, la cual me gusta mucho. Y siempre ha tenido uno de los mejores cuerpos de la industria, así que es perfecta para este editorial.
Y, siendo sinceros, me encantan los editoriales en la playa...pese a que no voy nunca.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Blast from the past: Vogue USA December 1992, "Grunge & glory"

MET Gala 2018: Best dressed