FW 14.15 campaigns: Miu Miu & Jil Sander

Miu Miu FW 14.15: Stacy Martin by Steven Meisel


I didn't expect Meisel to shoot this, and I kind of hate the brand for hiring him. You know I only like celebs doing HF things when the thing is a Miu Miu ad. I feel like they do it the right way. Now Meisel shot this celeb (I assume she's a celeb, since I have no idea who she is) for their FW campaign and...it looks bad. It's hard to explain this feeling, because I understand it's something I see in my head. And you can't see what's inside my head, which makes you lucky ;)
What everyone can see is the fact that this lacks originality. What bothers me the most is the black and white thing. Miu Miu is colorful, and I want those colours back.
The last thing I wanted to talk (complain) about is the casting. As I said, I don't even know who this Stacy person is, but she doesn't fit the collection. I had the same problem two seasons ago ( http://putonachicface.blogspot.com.es/2013/08/fw-1314-campaigns-prada-prada-menswear.html ), when they used mature models for a collection that screamed "young".
Totally disappointing.









No esperaba que Meisel fotografiase esto, pero casi que odio a la marca por contratarle. Ya sabéis que solo me gusta que las famosas hagan cosas de HF cuando esa cosa es una campaña de Miu Miu. Siento que son los que saben hacerlo bien. Pero ahora viene Meisel a fotografiar a esta celebritie (supongo que lo sea, ya que ni se quien es) para la campaña de OI y todo esta...mal hecho. Es difícil explicar el sentimiento porque entiendo que es algo que yo veo en mi cabeza. Y no podéis ver lo que está en mi cabeza, por suerte para vosotros ;)
Lo que todo el mundo puede ver es la falta de originalidad. Lo más molesto es el tema del blanco y negro. Miu Miu es una marca colorida, y quiero que vuelvan los colores.
Lo último sobre lo que quiero hablar (quejarme) es el casting. Como ya dije, ni se quien es esta tal Stacy. Pero se que no pega con la colección. Tuve el mismo problema hace dos temporadas ( http://putonachicface.blogspot.com.es/2013/08/fw-1314-campaigns-prada-prada-menswear.html ), cuando usaron modelos más maduras para una colección que era claramente joven.
Muy decepcionante.






Jil Sander FW 14.15: Iselin Steiro & Rogier Bosschaart by Karim Sadli


The complaints are over, I swear.
And they're over because I can only say good things about this campaign. The black and white really works here, since Jil Sander is very minimalistic.
I love everything about the ad. Flawless is the only word I need to describe the campaign.










Las quejan se han acabado. Lo juro.
Y se han acabado porque solo puedo decir cosas buenas sobre esta campaña. Lo del blanco y negro funciona, debido al minimalismo por el que Jil Sander es conocido.
No hay nada que no me guste en esta campaña. Sin defectos, así es como la describo. 

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Blast from the past: Vogue USA December 1992, "Grunge & glory"

MET Gala 2018: Best dressed