Harper's Bazaar Spain May '16: Alessandra Ambrosio, Ginta Lapina & Sanne Vloet

My gif (Video source: HB España's yt channel)

Today, I feel like going all teacher on you. A lot of people have told me that they've learnt a lot about fashion thanks to my posts. Hearing/reading that makes me super happy =) And, to be honest, what'd the point of knowing all these things, if I were going to keep them for myself. Sharing your knowledge is the way to go.

So, what I want to talk to you about today is the term "agency package". Sometimes, an agency signs a contract with a brand, so that brand only features models from that agency on a certain campaign. The brand is probably interested in one or two models from that agency, and they accept to use some other models they might not be that interested in, in order to get those models they do like. And everyone wins: the brand gets the models they want (and it's usually a better deal for them, money-wise) and the agency gets to push some newer/not so popular models.
And that works with magazines too. Do you want an example? Then keep reading ;)

For their May issue, HB Spain hired 3 models who are represented by the same agency in Spain. A clear case of "agency package". Who gets the cover? The most popular out of the 3, Ale. And then, once you bought the issue because of her, you also get to see Ginta's and Sanne's editorials. Everyone wins once again.
When I sat to write about these eds, I realised I never mention this kind of deals and I thought it may be interesting for you to read about it. I hope it was.

But the main reason why I wanted to talk about this issue is how beautiful it is. All 3 eds are very sexy in a very soft and classy way. You have to love that.
Sanne also has an editorial in the May issue of Spanish Vogue. It's more explicit, but I love it as well. Would you like me to talk about it? 
I'll leave you with the editorials now. I hope you like them ;)

"El sueño eterno", Alessandra Ambrosio by Txema Yeste




"Saludo al sol", Ginta Lapina by Guy Aroch




"Canto de sirena", Sanne Vloet by Guy Aroch




Hoy me apetece ponerme en modo profesora. Mucha gente me ha dicho que han aprendido un montón sobre moda gracias a mis entradas. Oír/leer eso me hace muy feliz =) Y, siendo sinceros, ¿de qué sirve saber tanto si me lo voy a guardar para mi misma? Compartir el conocimiento es mejor.

Así que hoy quiero hablaros de algo a lo que yo llamo "agency package" (paquete de agencia). A veces, una agencia firma un contrato con una marca para que esa marca solo use modelos de esa agencia en una campaña concreta. La marca suele estar interesada en 1 o 2 modelos de esa agencia, y aceptan usar otra modelos que puede que no les interesen tanto para conseguir a las otras. Y todo el mundo gana: la marca consigue las modelos que quiere (y suele salir mejor económicamente) y la agencia consigue dar un empujón a modelos nuevas/no tan populares. 
Y esto ocurre también con las revistas. ¿Queréis un ejemplo? Pues seguid leyendo ;)

Para su número de Mayo, HB España contrató a 3 modelos representadas, en España, por la misma agencia. Un claro caso de "agency package". ¿Quién se lleva la portada? La más famosa de las 3, Ale. Y una vez se haya comprado el número por ella, la gente puede ver los editos de Ginta y Sanne. Todo el mundo gana una vez más.
Cuando me senté a escribir sobre estos editos, me di cuenta de que nunca había mencionado este tipo de acuerdos. Y pensé que os resultaría interesante leer sobre ello. Espero que sea así.

Pero el motivo principal por el que hablo de este número es lo bonito que es. Los 3 editos son sexies pero con un toque más suave y con mucha clase. ¿A quién no le gusta eso?
Sanne tiene también un edito en el número de mayo de Vogue España. Es más explícito, pero igualmente bonito. ¿Queréis que hable de el?
Ahora os dejo con los editos. Espero que os gusten ;)

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Blast from the past: Vogue USA December 1992, "Grunge & glory"

MET Gala 2018: Best dressed