Vogue covers, May 2016

UK Vogue May 2016: Kate Moss by Craig McDean


Kate for UK Vogue...unexpected!! (Sarcasm alert).
Next month's issue is their 100th anniversary issue, and they managed to get the Duchess on the cover. Not bad.

Kate para UK Vogue...¡¡inesperado!! (Nótese el sarcasmo).
El número del año que viene conmemora su 100º aniversario, y consiguieron convencer a la duquesa (Kate Middleton) para que esté en su portada. Casi nada.



Vogue Germany May 2016: Gigi Hadid by Camilla Akrans


When I read the words "Gigi by Camilla", I expected something very different. This definetely isn't Gigi's best cover. And the editorial isn't very special either.

Cuando leí las palabras "Gigi por Camilla", esperaba algo muy diferente. Esta no es la mejor portada que ha hecho. Y el editorial tampoco es nada especial.



Vogue Russia May 2016: Karlie Kloss by Mariano Vivanco


As I told you last month, Karlie is on the cover. The preview shown on the April issue was quite promising, but the cover isn't her best. I blame the stylist, though. Who thought that was a cover worthy outfit?

Como os dije el mes pasado, Karlie está en la portada. El adelanto mostrado en el número de abril era bastante prometedor, pero la portada no es la mejor. Le voy a echar la culpa al estilista. ¿Quién puede pensar que esa ropa puede estar en una portada?



Vogue Paris May 2016: Lottie Moss & Lucky Blue Smith by Mario Testino


Gigi, Cindy's daughter, Lottie, ...VP is getting a bit desperate. And I wonder: is this really worth it?
I'm not Raquel Zimmermann's biggest fan but seeing all these nepotism kids getting a cover while Raquel is still waiting to get hers...too unfair.
She's VP, the others are...well, I think you get you get what I mean.

Gigi, la hija de Cindy, Lottie, ...en VP están demasiado desesperados. Y yo me pregunto: ¿merece la pena?
No soy la fan número 1 de Raquel Zimmermann, pero ver a estos niños que solo están ahí por nepotismo en la portada mientras Raquel sigue esperando a conseguir la suya...muy injusto. 
Ella representa lo que es VP, los otros...bueno, ya sabéis lo que quiero decir.



Vogue Australia May 2016: Emilia Clarke by Emma Summerton


I don't watch "Game of Thrones", which probably explains why I don't get the hype around this girl. 
As for this cover...I don't dislike it but it's nothing special.

No veo "Juego de Tronos", por lo cual no entiendo la locura que rodea a esta chica.
En cuanto a esta portada...no es que no me guste pero no es nada especial.



Vogue USA May 2016: Taylor Swift by Mert&Marcus


Tay Tay and Mert&Marcus, never thought I'll see those three working together.
They tried to go for the no brows, edgy look but Taylor is not a model, and she can't pull it off.

Tay Tay y Mert&Marcus, nunca pensé que vería a esos 3 trabajando juntos.
Intentaron ir por el look moderno de no cejas y demás, pero Taylor no es una modelo y no sabe como lucirlo.



Vogue Spain May 2016: Martha Hunt, Sara Sampaio, Jasmine Tookes, Stella Maxwell, Elsa Hosk, Taylor Hill & Romee Strijd by David Bellemere


You know when you see something and you like it, but you don't love it. And then you keep on seeing it and end up loving it. The exact opposite happened to me with this cover.
When I first saw I thought it was nice, and that it could sell really well. But after seeing the editorial...I just don't like it anymore. Not a fan.

Sabéis esa sensación cuando veis algo y os gusta, pero no os encanta. Y luego lo seguís viendo y acabáis adorándolo. Pues a mi me pasado todo lo contrario con esta portada.
Cuando la vi pensé que era bonita, y que venderá bien. Pero después de ver el editorial...ya no me gusta. No soy fan.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Blast from the past: Vogue USA December 1992, "Grunge & glory"

MET Gala 2018: Best dressed