Louis Vuitton "Spirit of Travel": Léa Seydoux by Patrick Demarchelier


Fashion is all about the gangs these days: Wang's gang, Tisci's gang, Balmain's army, ...and Nicholas and his Vuitton girls. These gangs are mostly formed by models, but in this case I'll show you how celebrities can be part of them too.

One of the best things about Nicholas is how loyal he is. When he has a muse, that model/celeb remains his muse for a long time (or forever). He's obsessed with some models, like Rianne von Rompaey or Jean Campbell. But he's also obsessed with some celebs (mainly actresses), who have become spokespersons for the brand because of him. My favourite being Alicia Vikander (I was part of the #teamVikander before the Oscars). However, her campaigns for the brand aren't the best. I honestly don't think she fits this brand 100%. But I don't dislike her ads either.

Back in January, it was announced that Léa was LV's newest spokesperson. It left me speechless, since she has been a Prada girl since...well, before I discovered her. Her "Prada Candy" ads are iconic ( http://putonachicface.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/prada-candy-fragrance-lea-seydoux.html ), and I find that she fits the brand to a T. I didn't expect her to sign a contract with another fashion house, to be honest. And I wondered whether this was the right move or not. 
Now that her first ad for the brand is out, I can share my verdict with you: I love it. She has a very strong personality, which is the main reason why I like her (total girl crush). And LV is all about strengh, power, ...and lots of leather.

These "Spirit of Travel" campaigns are my favourites. I like them way better than the main ones and the accessories ones. It could be because of the photographer, or for other reasons that I can't really explain. A matter of tastes, I guess.
But there's a certain softness in this ads (Patrick is definetely the one to "blame" for that) that I personally enjoy.
But, what about you? Let me know your thoughts on this campaign. And also, do you like Léa as a Vuitton girl?











Ahora en la moda todo el mundo pertenece a una pandilla: la pandilla de Wang, la de Tisci, la armada de Balmain, ...y las chicas Vuitton de Nicholas. Estos grupos son formados por modelos, en su mayoría, pero hoy os muestro que las celebrities también pueden ser invitadas a la fiesta.

Una de las mejores cualidades de Nicholas es lo leal que es. Cuando tiene una musa, esa modelo/famosa es su musa durante mucho tiempo (o para siempre). Está obsesionado con algunas modelos, como Rianne von Rompaey o Jean Campbell. Pero también lo está con algunas famosas (sobre todo actrices) que representan a la marca. Mi favorita es Alicia Vikander (yo era #teamVikander antes de los Oscars). Sin embargo, sus campañas para la marca no son las mejores. No creo que pegue al 100% con esta marca. Pero tampoco me parecen malas.

En enero, anunciaron que Léa era la nueva chica LV. Me dejó sin palabras, ya que ella ha sido una chica Prada desde...bueno, antes de que la descubriera. Sus anuncios de "Prada Candy" son icónicos ( http://putonachicface.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/prada-candy-fragrance-lea-seydoux.html ), y creo que encaja en esa marca por completo. Así que no esperaba verla firmar un contrato con otra casa de moda, la verdad. Y me quedaba la duda de si era la decisión correcta.
Ahora que su primera campaña para la marca ha sido publicada, os puedo dar mi veredicto: me encanta. Ella tiene una personalidad fuerte, por lo cual la adoro (girl crush). Y LV va de eso: fuerza, poder, ...y mucho cuero.

Estas campañas de "Spirit of Travel" son mis favoritas. Me gustan mucho más que las principales o las de accesorios. Puede ser por el fotógrafo, o por otra razón que se me escapa. Cosa de gustos.
Pero hay una cierta suavidad en estas campañas ("culpa" de Patrick, sin duda) que yo aprecio.
Pero, ¿qué pensáis vosotros? Contadme lo que pensáis de esta campaña. Y, ¿qué os parece que Léa sea chica Vuitton?

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Blast from the past: Vogue USA December 1992, "Grunge & glory"

MET Gala 2018: Best dressed