Maria Sharapova for Vanity Fair Spain & US Vogue


Today I woke up excited about opening the front door and getting the newspaper. I always like reading the news, but this time there was something else in there: The Times Magazine supplement.
Note: I'm writing this on Saturday.

I normally enjoy the weekend supplements a lot, mainly the fashion one. But this time my whole focus was on this one because Maria Sharapova was on the cover. And that is one of the many covers and interviews I've seen from her lately.
Her comeback is approaching, and you know, you have to make sure everyone knows.

Anyone who knows me just a little knows Maria is my idol. I've been following her career for 11 years, with all its ups and downs. I do believe I am the way I am right now for many differents reasons, one of them being her. She was a great influence for me in my teenage years and taught me that not only could I dream big, I had to do it. 
I don't believe in celebrities having to control their every move just so they avoid being a bad influence. That is basically putting the blame on someone you don't even know personally, when it was you who did something wrong. But I do believe in people inspiring you, and Maria has inspired me...and many others. 
I could be here talking all day about the ban and what it means, but I won't. Just look at all the facts, read all the rules, check all the interviews and form your own opinion. I've got mine, and yours can be completely different.

No, what I want to do today is show you my two favourite editorials that Maria has done for this comeback promotion. The VF one is really lovely, and the US Vogue one is so artistic.
Also, I wanted to use this post as a birthday post as well, since Maria turned 30 yesterday. And next week she'll get her best present...playing tennis again.

Vanity Fair Spain April 2017
Ph: Art Streiber









US Vogue April 2017
Ph: Annie Leibovitz



Hoy me desperté con muchas ganas de abrir la puerta y coger el periódico. Siempre me gusta leer las noticias, pero esta vez había algo más que quería ver: el suplemento The Times Magazine.
Notad que estoy escribiendo esto en sábado.

Siempre disfruto de los suplementos del fin de semana, sobre todo del de moda. Pero esta vez me centré en este porque Maria Sharapova estaba en la portada. Una de las muchas portadas y entrevistas que he visto últimamente.
Se acerca su vuelta al circuito y hay que asegurarse de que todo el mundo lo sepa.

Cualquiera que me conozca minimamente sabe que Maria es mi ídolo. He seguido su carrera durante 11 años, con sus momentos buenos y sus momentos malos. Y creo que soy como soy en parte gracias a ella. Fue una gran influencia para mi durante mi adolescencia y me enseñó que no solo podía soñar a lo grande, sino que tenía que hacerlo.
No creo en famosos teniendo que controlar todo lo que hacen para evitar ser malas influencias. Me parece que es echarle la culpa a alguien que ni conoces por tus errores. Pero si creo en lo mucho que alguien puede inspirarnos, y Maria me ha inspirado en muchas maneras...a mi y a mucha gente.
Podría pasarme el día escribiendo sobre su sanción y lo que significa, pero no lo haré. Leed todos los datos, revisad las reglas, echad un vistazo a las entrevistas y formad vuestra opinión sobre lo sucedido. Yo tengo la mía y la vuestra puede que sea totalmente diferente.

No, lo que quiero hacer hoy es enseñaros mis dos editoriales favoritos que ha hecho Maria en esta promoción de su vuelta. El de VF es muy bonito, y el de US Vogue super artístico. 
Además quería usar esta entrada como una entrada de cumpleaños, ya que Maria cumplió 30 años ayer. Y la semana que viene recibirá el mejor regalo...volver a jugar al tenis.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Blast from the past: Vogue USA December 1992, "Grunge & glory"

MET Gala 2018: Best dressed