Vogue Russia May 2017: Kris Grikaite by Ben Weller

Monday morning. I look at my diary while I'm drinking my coffee and I see that today I'm supposed to publish a blog post. And I wonder why I completely forgot about it. Well, I guess spending the last three days at the cricket might be the reason. Over 20 hours spent there...

So now I'm panicking and not knowing what to write about, because I hate writing things on the same day I publish them. I like planning my every move. 
In this kind of moment, I check all the forums I participate in, social media, twitter because the cricket is still on, ...you get it. And that's how I found this new Russian Vogue cover, with Kris Grikaite on the cover.

Kris debuted on Prada's SS 17 show and then got the campaign. After that, she walked for them again as a worldwide exclusive and opened the show. As many others, I was wowed by her beauty. However, after six months looking at her work, I'm slightly unimpressed.
It's true that she can't take a bad picture because her face is the definition of gorgeous, but she has zero versatility. She has the same face on every single picture, and that bores me to death. 

How do you feel about Kris? And, are you as worried as I am about the whole me forgetting everything because of the cricket? It's going to be a looong summer...


Lunes por la mañana. Estoy mirando mi agenda mientras bebo mi café y veo que hoy tengo que publicar una entrada en el blog. Y me pregunto que porque se me ha olvidado por completo. Bueno, supongo que pasar los últimos tres días en el cricket tenga algo que ver. Más de 20 horas allí...

Así que ahora estoy sintiendo pánico total porque no se que escribir, y porque odio escribir cosas el día que las publico. Me gusta planear todo.
Y es en momentos como este que miro todos los foros en que participo, las redes sociales, twitter porque el cricket aún no ha acabado, ...ya me entendéis. Y es así como descubro esta nueva portada de Vogue Rusia con Kris Grikaite.

Kris debutó en el desfile de PV 17 de Prada y luego formó parte de la campaña. La siguiente temporada fue exclusiva mundial de Prada y abrió su desfile. Al igual que muchas otras personas, me quedé hipnotizada con su belleza cuando la vi. Sin embargo, tras seis meses admirando su trabajo, estoy algo desencantada. 
Es cierto que no puede salir mal en fotos porque su cara es la definición de preciosa, pero tiene cero versatilidad. Es la misma cara en todas las fotos, y eso acaba aburriéndome. 

¿Qué os parece Kris? Y, ¿estáis tan preocupados como yo por esto de que voy al cricket y se me olvida todo? Va a ser un verano muy largo...

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Blast from the past: Vogue USA December 1992, "Grunge & glory"

MET Gala 2018: Best dressed