Milan Fashion Week Fall/Winter 15.16: Review #1

  -Gucci:

New designer at Gucci...lots of questions. We've got some answers, but we'll have to wait to see all of our questions about Gucci being answered.
First of all, amazing stream. We couldn't see the backstage, which was disappointing. However, the quality of the video was perfect, as always. The problem is that I didn't feel like I was watching a Gucci show. It felt very strange, very different from what Frida used to do. 

The second thing we have to talk about is the casting. Who were all of those girls? I mean, I know who Grace, Hedvig or Yumi are but, what about the rest? Oh well, I know who Molly is, but I wish I didn't.
I guess gorgeous, sexy models with tons of personality are not allowed to walk for Gucci anymore. Too bad.
However, I need to know who the girl with the red beret was (the one who was wearing a suit), because she has a gorgeous face.

And last, but not least, the clothes. I'm confused because it was like a Gucci meets Prada, but in a weird way. I did like how they mixed masculine and feminine pieces, though. We could see suits with a floral detail, or a super girly dress paired with masculine shoes. And that was nice.
But then, I also felt like there was too much going on. I mean, the fluffly shoes were a bit too much, right?
This new Gucci girl/woman is supposed to be bohemian, but then we see one of those see-through outfits, and it feels like nothing makes sense. Those details were too Saint Laurent, and I don't like Saint Laurent.


Let's sum it up! I don't think this is a bad collection, but it's not the right one for Gucci. I'm a bit disappointed.



Nuevo diseñador en Gucci...muchas preguntas. Hemos conseguido alguna respuesta, pero tendremos que esperar para ver si se responden todas.
Primero de todo, gran stream. No pudimos ver el backstage, y eso me ha decepcionado. Pero la calidad del vídeo fue tan perfecta como siempre. El problema es que no sentía que estuviese viendo un desfile de Gucci. Fue muy extraño y diferente a lo que Frida solía hacer.

El segundo tema a tratar es el casting. ¿Quién eran esas chicas? A ver, se quienes son Grace, Hedvig o Yumi pero, ¿y el resto? Bueno, se quien es Molly, para mi propia desgracia.
Supongo que las modelos preciosas, sexys y con montones de personalidad ya no tienen permitido desfilar para Gucci. Una pena. 
Sin embargo, necesito saber quien era la chica de la boina roja (la que llevaba un traje), porque tiene una cara preciosa.

Y por último, pero no por ello menos importante, la ropa. Me ha confundido porque era una especie de Gucci meets Prada, pero de manera rara. Si que me gustó como han mezclado estilos femeninos y masculinos. Pudimos ver trajes con detalles florales, o vestidos muy femeninos con zapatos masculinos. Y eso estuvo bien.
Pero, me sigue pareciendo que hay demasiados estilos mezclados ahí. Por favor, decidme que los zapatos de peluchín os parecen demasiado también.
Esta nueva chica/mujer Gucci se supone que es bohemia, pero luego vemos los pases transparentes y no entiendo que sentido tienen. Esos detalles son muy Saint Laurent, y no me gusta Saint Laurent.

¡Resumamos! No creo que sea una mala colección, pero no es apropiada para Gucci. Me ha decepcionado un poco.






  -Alberta Ferretti:

Lace is back. If you don't like it, I'm sorry.
I think we all agree on something: this looks a lot like D&G. But like a nicer version of D&G. And I see some Valentino too.
However, it is a nice collection. The last bunch of outfits is not my cup of tea, but it's nice.



El encaje ha vuelto. Si no os gusta, lo siento.
Creo que todos estamos de acuerdo en algo: esta colección se parece mucho a D&G. Pero una versión mejorada de D&G. Y también veo algo de Valentino.
Sin embargo, es una colección bonita. Los últimos pases no me apasionan, pero son bonitos.




  -Nº21:

This is unexpected! But in a good way.
I feel this is the most glamorous collection he's done since he changed the name of the brand.
The shapes and the textures are stunning. And the prints...just beautiful.










¡Qué inesperado! Pero en el buen sentido.
Siento que esta es la colección más glamourosa que ha hecho desde que cambió el nombre a la marca.
Las formas y las texturas son preciosas. Y los estampados...preciosos.




  -LiveStreams:

26th February:
Milan time


12.30 pm: Fendi http://www.fendi.com/
18.00 pm: Prada http://www.prada.com/

MFW's stream: http://www.cameramoda.it/

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Blast from the past: Vogue USA December 1992, "Grunge & glory"

MET Gala 2018: Best dressed