New York Fashion Week Fall/Winter 15.16: Beauty

NYFW is over, and I wanted to talk about the beauty looks and trends we saw this week. I always do a post with the trends after NY, and then I do two with my favourite looks after Milan and Paris. This time, I'm going to do something slightly different.
Since the beauty trends are usually the same every season, I'm going to talk about them by showing you my favourite looks from NYFW. So it's kind of a mix of both posts that I used to do. I hope it makes sense.



La NYFW ha terminado, y quería hablaros de los looks de belleza y las tendencias vistas esta semana. Siempre hago una entrada con las tendencias de NY, y luego hago dos con mis looks favoritos después de Milán y París. Esta vez voy a hacer algo ligeramente distingo.
Debido a que las tendencias de belleza suelen ser similares cada temporadas, voy a comentarlas a la vez que os enseño mis looks favoritos de NY. Así que será una mezcla de ambos tipos de entrada que solía hacer. Espero que me entendáis. 



  -Hair:

Alexander Wang:

We saw some "wet hair" effect in a couple of shows, such as Alexander Wang and Marc by Marc Jacobs. The look at MbMJ was more wearable, but I feel like the Wang one is more interesting to talk about.
It has a gothic vybe, which was a perfect fit for the show. And I enjoy how it looked on most models. But I particularly liked how it looked on the blondes, since the lighter hair created a cool contrast with the "all black" collection.





Hemos visto este efecto "pelo mojado" en varios desfiles, como Alexander Wang o Marc by Marc Jacobs. El look de MbMJ era más ponible, pero siento que el que merece ser comentado es el de Alexander Wang.
Tenía un toque gótico, lo cual era perfecto para la colección. Y me gustaba como le quedaba a las modelos. Pero sobre todo como le quedaba a las rubias, ya que el pelo claro creaba un bonito contraste con la colección que era negra por completo.



Victoria Beckham:

I feel like we've seen more updos this season, which I really enjoy. I don't know about you, but I always end up wearing my hair up in a ponytail or in a bun. And I need some inspiration to make those hairstyles look cooler. 
This one seen at Victoria Beckham's show has to be one of my faves. You need some time to make it look decent, but it doesn't really look like you tried too hard. That's the kind of look that I try to go for. You know, effortless chic ;)
Besides, this kind of hairstyle is very versatile. You can have your hair like that while you're wearing sweatpants and a hoodie, or when you're going to dress up. Versatile is good.





Me parece que hemos visto más recogidos esta semana, lo cual me gusta. No se vosotros, pero yo siempre acabo atándome el pelo para quitarlo de en medio. Y suelo hacer una coleta o un moño, por lo cual necesito inspiración para que mis recogidos sean mucho más interesantes. 
Este que vimos en el desfile de Victoria Beckham es uno de mis favoritos. Se necesita un poco de tiempo para que quede decente, pero no da la impresión de que hayáis pasado horas delante del espejo. Y ese es el tipo de look que me gusta. Ya sabéis, viva el effortless chic ;)
Además, este peinado es super versátil. Lo podéis hacer cuando vayáis a pasar el día en chándal, o cuando os vayáis a arreglar más. Lo versátil es bueno.





  -Make-up:

Rodebjer:

I feel like I'm the only blogger who talks about this brand. I mean, maybe bloggers from Sweden do too, but I'm not Swedish. 
But I love the brand, and their make-up was on point this season. It was very natural, but it had a little something that made it perfect for the collection. That little moon was too Sailor moon, and I loved Sailor moon. 




Siento que soy la única bloguera que habla de esta marca. Osea, quizás las blogueras de Suecia lo hagan, pero yo no soy sueca.
Pero es que me encanta esta marca, y el maquillaje de esta temporada es genial. Es muy natural, pero tenía ese toque que lo hacía perfecto para la colección. Esa media luna era muy Sailor moon, y yo era muy fan de Sailor moon.



Diane von Furstenberg:

I could have talked about DVF's updo as well, but I felt like Victoria Beckham's one was a bit more special. But I do want to talk about DVF's make-up.
It was perfect for the sexy collection they created. A bit different, since most designers wanted a clean and natural look. But it's always nice to see something darker and more dramatic. However, it wasn't extremely dark, and I could wear that during the day without feeling like it's something strange.
Of course, you can wear any kind of make-up during the day. But it feels like people look at you funny when you wear darker make-up at 11 am. My point is that, even if it's a smoky eye, it's a more natural one.
Super lovely, and most girls looked stunning. 







Podría haber hablado del recogido de DVF también, pero el de Victoria Beckham me parecía más especial. Pero si que hablaré del maquillaje de DVF.
Era perfecto para la colección sexy que habían creado. Algo diferente, ya que la mayoría de diseñadores optaron por un look más limpio y natural. Pero siempre es agradable ver algo más oscuro y dramático. Sin embargo, no es extremadamente oscuro, y podría llevarlo así durante el día sin sentirme extraña.
Por supuesto, podéis optar por el tipo de maquillaje que os plazca durante el día. Pero parece que la gente te mira raro si llevas un maquillaje de ojos oscuro a las 11 de la mañana. Lo que quiero decir es que, dentro de que es un smoky eye, es uno más natural.
Precioso y que favorecía a casi todas las modelos.




Carolina Herrera:

Darker lips are always a trend. However, I did notice something related to this kind of lipstick trend that I wanted to share with you. 
We haven't seen many red lips, have we? I think this season is more about deeper colours, rather than the classic red. I don't complain, because I love this plumy reds better.
And, since they have a blue undertone, they make our teeth look whiter. And that's always a plus.
This colour used at the Carolina Herrera show is the most beautiful lip colour I've seen in a while.





Los labiales oscuros son siempre tendencia. Sin embargo, he notado algo respecto a este tipo de labiales que quería comentar con vosotros.
No hemos visto mucho labios rojo, ¿verdad? Creo que esta temporada se opta más por colores más intensos, en lugar del clásico rojo. No me quejo, porque estos rojos con toque morado me gustan más.
Y, como tienen un subtono azul, hacen que nuestros dientes se vean más blancos. Y eso nunca está de más.
Este color usado en el desfile de Carolina Herrera es el más bonito que he visto en tiempo.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Blast from the past: Vogue USA December 1992, "Grunge & glory"

MET Gala 2018: Best dressed