Burberry "Kisses" lip gloss: review & swatches


A couple of months ago, I talked about Kendall Jenner's lipstick from the Estée Lauder collection. When I did it, I also wanted to talk about its campaign, since that feels like the thing to do in my blog. I'm not the kind of blogger who posts swatches and things like that. I don't have the talent.
However, even though it doesn't have a proper campaign, I still wanted to talk about this gloss that I'm obsessed with. To be honest, I've never tried anything from Burberry's beauty line. It's fairly popular in the UK, but I don't think people really know about it in other countries. And that needs to change.
This lip gloss, from their "Kisses" collection is amazing. I used to be really intro lip glosses when I first started to wear make-up. Now, however, I'm more into lipsticks. So, when I tried this, I was kind of shocked to see my lips looking so full and glossy. And it kind of brought back nice memories, which made me smile.
Ok, enough of me and my feelings, let's talk about the product. They do have a campaign for the lipstick version featuring the gorgeous Suki Waterhouse. And the products are as lovely as her. 
The lip gloss range is formed by lots of natural colours and a few more darker colours. But mostly natural pinks. If you're looking for darker shades, there are other collections for you.
So, out of this bunch of natural colours, I picked this beautiful shade of pink. When it comes to me, it's a "your lips, but better" kind of colour. But that depends on how naturally pigmented your lips are. When you apply a light layer of product, it obviously looks quite sheer, but you can build it up. I usually apply two thing layers and I adore the colour I get. 
However, my favourite thing is not the colour, but the formula. One of the reasons why I stopped using lip glosses was how sticky they felt. This doesn't feel sticky AT ALL, and I love it. It reminds me to an old Bourjois lip gloss I owned. 
All in all, it's a great product. If you haven't tried any Burberry cosmetics, go to the closest store or counter and do it. You won't regret it =)

 Burberry "Kisses" lip gloss: nº25 Tulip Pink

 No flash: Left, one coat. Right, two coats

Flash: Left, one coat. Right, two coats


Hace unos meses hablé del labial de Kendall Jenner para Estée Lauder. Cuando lo hice, quise hablar también de la campaña, ya que eso pega más con la dinámica de mi blog. No soy la clase de bloguera que pone swatches y cosas así. No tengo el talento.
Sin embargo, pese a que este producto no tiene una campaña propia, necesito hablaros de el. Siendo sinceros, nunca había probado nada de la línea de belleza de Burberry. Es bastante popular en el Reino Unido, pero no creo que lo sea en otro países. Y eso tiene que cambiar.
Este gloss, de su colección "Kisses", es una pasada. Solían gustarme los glosses cuando empecé a maquillarme. Ahora, sin embargo, me gustan más los pintalabios. Así que cuando probé este me sorprendió ver mis labios tan brillantes y jugosos. Y me trajo memorias bonitas al recuerdo.
Pero dejemos de hablar de mis sentimientos, y hablemos del producto. Tienen una campaña para la versión en pintalabios con la guapísima Suki Waterhouse. Y los productos son tan adorables como ella. La línea de glosses está formada por un montón de tonos naturales y alguno oscuro. Pero más que nada son rositas. Si queréis tonos más oscuros, hay otras colecciones para vosotros.
Así que, de entre tanto color natural, elegí este rosa tan bonito. Cuando lo uso yo, es un "mis labios, pero mejor". Pero eso depende de la pigmentación natural de vuestros labios. Al aplicar una capa ligera, el color es menos intenso. Pero podemos construirlo. Yo suelo aplicar dos capas finas y adoro el color resultante.
Sin embargo, lo que más me gusta no es el color, sino la fórmula. Una de las razones por las que dejé de usar glosses es que eran muy pegajosos. Este no es PARA NADA pegajoso y me encanta. Me recuerda a un gloss de Bourjois que tenía hace tiempo.
En resumen, es un gran producto. Si no habéis probado nada de la línea de cosméticos de Burberry, id a la tienda más cercana y hacedlo. No os vais a arrepentir =)

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Blast from the past: Vogue USA December 1992, "Grunge & glory"

MET Gala 2018: Best dressed