"Dior and I" documentary


In one of my skype conversations with my father, he told me to be careful because he reads my blog now. Well, hello there, father! I'm going to talk about you today. Well, sort of.
In another one of these conversations, he told me about a Dior documentary he watched on the tv. He's obviously not used to watching runway shows like I do, and certain things, such as the set, fascinated him.

It was then when I realised I never watched that documentary myself, even though I really wanted to. So I went online and watched it. It's now one of my favourite fashion documentaries ever!! It helps us understand how a collection can be created, how many people work on it, ...
Also, since Raf left Dior last week, I wanted to dedicate him a post. I loved his work for Dior, even though most people didn't. I'll miss him.
My favourite parts were when they talked about money and budgets (really interesting), when we saw the disagreements they had (I'm glad they didn't sugarcoat things and showed us the ugly bits too), and the funny parts. Some of this scenes show you why he decided to stop working for the brand, too.
Also, it was shocking to find out that Raf doesn't speak French. Not everyone from Belgium does, but I forget that fact often.
All in all, it's a great documentary that gives us tons of information. Amazing for everyone who wants to learn about fashion.


En una de mis conversaciones de skype con mi padre, me dijo que cuidadito con lo que ponía aquí, que ahora me lee. Pues: Hola, ¿qué tal, padre? Voy a hablar de ti. Bueno, más o menos.
En otra conversación me dijo que había visto un documental de Dior en la televisión. Obviamente no está acostumbrado a ver desfiles como yo, y ciertas cosas, como el set que se marcaron, le sorprendieron.

Fue entonces cuando me di cuenta de que yo no había visto el documental, pese a que sabía que me iba a encantar. Así que me puse a verlo y ahora es uno de mis favoritos. Nos ayuda mucho a comprender como una colección es creada, cuanta gente trabaja en ella, ...
Además, he querido que esta entrada sea una especie de homenaje a Raf, que abandonó Dior la semana pasada. Yo siempre adoré su trabajo para la marca, pese a que mucha gente me llevaba la contraria. Le echaré de menos.
Mis partes favoritas son cuando hablan de dinero y presupuestos (es muy interesante), cuando vemos los desencuentros entre trabajadores y diseñador (me alegra que no fingieran que todo es de color de rosa y que nos enseñaran lo malo también) y las partes divertidas. Algunas de estas escenas muestran las razones por las que ha dejado de trabajar para la firma.
Además, fue sorprendente ver que Raf no habla francés. No todos los belgas lo hacen, pero se me olvida a menudo.
En general es un gran documental que nos aporta montones de información. Perfecto para la gente que busca aprender más cosas sobre moda.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Blast from the past: Vogue USA December 1992, "Grunge & glory"

MET Gala 2018: Best dressed