New York Fashion Week Spring Summer 2015: Review #1

  -BCBG:

The colours were really soft. Sometimes, they use soft colours for the first part of the show and they use darker colours for the second. This time they only use the soft ones. The last couple of outfits were a bit "darker", but still soft. The collection had a romantic vibe, which I enjoyed.
The shapes were quite interesting. There were some cut-outs that made the outfits more unique. There were also some details on the waist, which were very flattering. Some outfits had a slight oriental inspiration. You should pay attention to the jackets, since their shape was very interesting too.
There were some patterns as well, which were original but subtle. We can also see some see-through details.
When I saw the stream I wondered who the opener was since her face looked familiar. Then, I realized she's a model from Spain called Blanca Padilla. She walked a couple of shows during the HC season, and she started this SS 15 season opening a show. Not bad, at all. She's super pretty, and I'm rooting for her.


















Los colores fueron muy suaves. A veces usan colores suaves para la primera parte del desfile, y luego usan otros más oscuros para la segunda. Esta vez solo han usado suaves. Los últimos pases si que tenían un tono más vivo, pero aún así suave. La colección tenía un toque romántico que me encanta.
Las siluetas son bastante interesantes. Había algunos cortes que hacían que los pases fueran más únicos. También vemos detalles en la zona de la cintura, los cuales son muy favorecedores. Algunos pases tenían un toque oriental. Y deberíais prestar atención a las chaquetas, ya que sus formas son muy interesantes también.
Había algunos estampados bastante originales, pero sutiles. Y también podemos ver algunos detalles con transparencias.
Cuando vi el desfile me preguntaba quien era la chica que había abierto, ya que su cara me resultaba familiar. Luego me di cuenta de que es una modelo española que se llama Blanca Padilla. Ya había hecho un par de desfiles en la temporada de HC, y ha empezado su temporada de PV 15 abriendo este desfile. No esta nada mal. Es muy mona y yo la apoyo.




  -Coach:

I completely forgot about this show. And then I found out Vevers is designing for the brand. Where have I been? I didn't know. Well, whatever...
The collection is a "Vevers meets Miu Miu". Do I like it? Yes, I do! Are the clothes gorgeous? Yes, they are! Buuut...I feel like I'm watching a Miu Miu show instead of a Coach show. I can see other brands "inspired" him too.
And, I don't really mind thath but, for example: fur coats for summer?...that only works if your name is Miss Prada.










Me olvidé por completo de este desfile. Y luego vi que Vevers diseña para la marca. ¿Dónde he estado metida? No tenía ni idea. Pero bueno, da igual....
La colección es un "Vevers meets Miu Miu". ¿Me gusta? ¡Si! ¿Es la ropa bonita? ¡Si! Peeeero...siento que estoy viendo un desfile de Miu Miu en vez de uno de Coach. Y también puedo ver otras marcas que le han "inspirado".
Y en si eso no me molesta pero, por ejemplo: ¿abrigos de piel en verano?...eso solo funciona si tu nombre es señora Prada.




  -Richard Chai:

This isn't going to be my favourite show, that's for sure.
There were some interesting shapes, which deserve some attention.
But I thought the collection was going to be more colorful, so the lack of colour disappointed me.
Some outfits are quite unique and interesting, though.












No va a ser mi desfile favorito, eso ya lo digo.
Había alguna silueta interesante, que merece la pena echarle un ojo.
Pero creía que la colección iba a ser más colorida, así que la ausencia de color me ha resultado algo decepcionante.
Algunos pases son más únicos e interesantes.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Blast from the past: Vogue USA December 1992, "Grunge & glory"

MET Gala 2018: Best dressed