New York Fashion Week Spring Summer 2015: Review #3

  -Lacoste:

I don't usually like the sporty chic trend, but I do like it when we talk about Lacoste. Sporty and chic are the two adjetives I'd use to describe the brand.
This collection was beautiful. However, I have to say last season's was better.
Nevertheless, I liked it, and I'm going to tell you why.
First of all, the colours. Neon colours weren't a trend during the SS 14 season, and it looks like they won't be a trend during the SS 15 one either. That being said, we still see a nice pop of colour in most shows. Lacoste used a beautiful colour palette.
Then we have to talk about the shape of the clothes. You may have noticed already that this season isn't about classic silhouettes, and this show was a good example of that. Some shapes looked better than others, but it was nice to see them trying to do that without messing with the Lacoste aesthetic we're used to see.
And the cast was lovely too. Great show!!















No me suele gustar el sporty chic pero, si me gusta cuando lo hacen en Lacoste. Sporty y chic son los dos adjetivos que usaría para describir la marca.
Esta colección ha sido bonita. Sin embargo, la anterior fue mejor.
Pero a pesar de eso, me ha gustado y os voy a decir mis razones.
Primero, los colores. Los tonos neón no fueron tendencia durante la temporada de PV 14, y no parece que lo vaya a ser durante la de PV 15 tampoco. Pese a eso seguimos viendo toques de color en la mayoría de desfiles. Lacoste ha usado una preciosa paleta de colores.
Luego tenemos que hablar de las formas. Puede que ya os hayáis dado cuenta de que esta temporada no se llevan las siluetas clásicas. Y este desfile es un buen ejemplo. Cierto es que algunas siluetas son más bonitas que otras, pero me gusta verles intentar hacer algo así sin destrozar la estética que estamos acostumbrados a ver en Lacoste.
Y el cast también me gusta. ¡¡Gran desfile!!




  -Jill Stuart:

Their last collections were darker, so it was nice to see them doing something different. However, even if there was more colour, the collection wasn't particularly summery. At least in my opinion.
If you like shows with beautiful and wearable clothes, you'll love this one. I enjoyed that and the pop of colour we saw in some outfits. Also, I enjoyed the high-waisted trousers and skirts, which are super flattering.
All in all, it was a beautiful, natural and chic collection.













Sus últimas colecciones fueron más oscuras, así que me ha gustado verles hacer algo diferente. Sin embargo, pese a ese toque de color, la colección no es especialmente veraniega. Al menos en mi opinión.
Si os gustan los desfiles con ropa bonita y ponible, os va a encantar este. Me ha gustado eso y el color que había en algunos pases. Además, me han gustado los pantalones y las faldas de talle alto, que son tan favorecedores.
En general ha sido una colección bonita, natural y chic.




  -Prabal Gurung:

I'm not Prabal's biggest fan, but I guess this collection is ok.
As I said, we are seeing different silhouettes this season, and Prabal is quite good at that. The first 6/7 outfits show it. But then we see two super girly dresses that look like they belong to another show. Then we get all those patterns that are very Prabal.
To be honest, I think it's just an ok collection, but it's not my cup of tea.




















No soy muy fan de Prabal, pero supongo que esta colección no está mal.
Como ya dije, estamos viendo diferentes siluetas esta temporada, y a Prabal se le da bien eso. Los primeros 6/7 pases lo demuestran. Pero luego tenemos dos vestidos super femeninos que parece que sean de otro desfile, ya que no pegan nada. Y luego tenemos los estampados tan típicos de Prabal.
Siendo sincera creo que no es mala colección, pero no me gusta mucho.




  -Alexander Wang:


This collection isn't as good as his SS 14 one, but it's way better than his FW 14.15 one.
I really like it. And I do because there is a bit of everything.
We've got the more classic outfits, with a bit of an edgy touch, which is very Wang. But we've also got some sporty-chic, some tribal inspiration,... there's a bit of everything, really. And that makes it easy to like the collection.
All the trousers and shorts are high-waisted, which I love. And I like how the models wore those simple, yet flattering, black trousers with colorful tops.
It's a really cool collection. If you can watch the show online, do it.






















Esta colección no es tan buena como la de PV 14, pero es mucho mejor que la de OI 14.15.
Me gusta mucho, porque hay un poco de todo.
Tenemos pases más clásicos, con un toque moderno, lo cual es muy Wang. Pero también tenemos un poco de sporty-chic, inspiración tribal,...un poco de todo, en serio. Y eso hace que sea fácil disfrutar de la colección.
Todos los pantalones y shorts son de talle alto, lo cual me encanta. Y me gusta que las modelos los lleven combinados con tops tan coloridos.
Es una colección que está muy bien, la verdad. Si tenéis opción de ver el vídeo, hacedlo.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Blast from the past: Vogue USA December 1992, "Grunge & glory"

MET Gala 2018: Best dressed