Paris Fashion Week Spring Summer 2015: Review #4

  -Céline:

The best thing about this collection is that I consider it pretty. The worst is that I start to find Céline's collections a bit repetitive. And that's sad.
That's why some people like it, and some hate it. I have mixed feelings.













Lo mejor de la colección es que es bonita. Lo peor es que las colecciones de Céline me empiezan a resultar repetitivas. Y eso da pena.
Por eso hay gente a la que le gusta la colección y gente que la odia. Yo tengo sentimientos encontrados.





  -Chloé:

Chloé meets Pucci. Well, kind of...
I really like Chloé, and I liked this collection too. However, some outfits look to similar to others we saw at Pucci's FW collection.
Nevertheless, the clothes are gorgeous. I love those "Pucci" outfits, which are more daring and sexier. We're not that used to see sexier clothes at Chloé, and these outfits change the brand a little bit, and they make the collection more exciting.













Chloé meets Pucci. Bueno, más o menos...
Me encanta Chloé, y esta colección me ha gustado. Sin embargo, algunos pases son demasiado similares a otros que ya vimos en la colección de OI de Pucci.
Pese a eso, la ropa es preciosa. Me gustan esos pases tan "Pucci", porque son más atrevidos y más sexy. No solemos ver ropa sexy en Chloé, y esos pases cambian la marca un poco, y hacen que el desfile sea más interesante.






  -Givenchy:

I'm so upset right now....Cara walked for Givenchy? What the hell is wrong with Ricardo?
Seriously, I can imagine his next campaign with Cara and Kendall. It felt like I was watching a Chanel show.
Cara has a long list of big shows she hasn't walked, and Givenchy was one of them. "Was" being the key word. Now, it's not longer on the list. Thank God Miuccia and Raf are smart enough to keep her away from her stunning shows.
I like Kendall better now. She walked the show, and she looked like a filler. Her walk was good enough, and that was great. But then, I had to watch Cara's horrible walk. I don't give a shit about her opening Chanel or Fendi, or walking for Donna Karan. But Givenchy? That hurts. It really does.
I know it sounds pathetic, but these things are important to me. Some of my favourite models have never walk for Givenchy, yet she gets to do it. And then I have to listen to all her minions saying she doesn't want to be a model...do you think I'm stupid enough to believe that?
She doesn't want to be a model, but she goes to Paris to walk all these shows. And, do you know what happens when she walks a show? Well, let me tell you what happens: a real model who wants to do this job, has to stay home because Cara took her place.
A stunning model who loves what she's doing, and is 10 cm taller than her, doesn't get the job because her family isn't rich. I know that's how this world works, but I can't accept it. At least I get to write a long rant about it.
Whatever...it was nice to see Rosie, though. And Kate, and Natasha...and all those models who can call themselves Givenchy women.
The clothes are...I don't know, very Tisci. He's kind of doing his gothic thing again. It suits him, and he's good at it. But the whole thing looks like he was pretty unispired. Yeah, unispired is the word.

















Estoy muy cabreada ahora mismo...¿Cara ha desfilado para Givenchy? ¿Qué narices le pasa a Ricardo?
En serio, me imagino la próxima campaña con Cara y Kendall. Me parecía ver un desfile de Chanel.
Cara tiene una gran lista de marcas importantes para los que no ha desfilado, y Givenchy era una de esas marcas. "Era" es la palabra clave. Pero ya no está en la lista. Demos gracias a Dios porque Miuccia y Raf son lo suficientemente listos como para no dejarla acercarse a sus perfectos desfiles.
Ahora le tengo más cariño a Kendall. Ella desfiló y parecía una más. Su forma de desfilar fue normal, y eso es genial. Pero luego tuve que ver el horror que es la manera de desfilar de Cara. Me importa una mierda que abra Chanel o Fendi, o que desfile para Donna Karan. Pero, ¿Givenchy? Eso duele.
Se que suena patético, pero a mi me importan estas cosas. Algunas de mis modelos favoritas no han desfilado nunca para Givenchy, pero ella si. Y luego tengo que escuchar que no quiere ser modelo...¿parezco tan tonta como para creerme eso?
No quiere ser modelo pero va a Paris a desfilar. Y, ¿sabéis lo que pasa cuando ella desfila? Bueno, dejadme que os lo relate: una modelo de verdad que si está interesada en este trabajo se tiene que quedar en casa porque Cara ocupa su lugar.
Una preciosa modelo que mide 10 cm más que ella no consigue el trabajo, porque su familia no es rica. Se que el mundo funciona así, pero no quiero aceptarlo. Al menos puedo venir aquí a rajar sobre ello.
Pero bueno, da igual...al menos estuvo bien ver a Rosie. Y a Kate, Natasha,...todas esas modelos que se pueden considerar mujeres Givenchy.
La ropa era...no se, muy Tisci. Parece que ha vuelto a lo de hacer cosas gótica. Le pega y lo hace bien. Pero da la impresión de que no estaba inspirado.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Blast from the past: Vogue USA December 1992, "Grunge & glory"

MET Gala 2018: Best dressed