Paris Fashion Week Spring Summer 2015: Review #3

  -Loewe:

We have a new designer at Loewe.
Lots of things have changed since Vevers left. Penépole Cruz's contract with the brand seems to be over. Now it's Meisel who will shoot the campaigns. And the casting director has changed too. I mean, it's easy to see those are Ashley's girls.
Julia, who opened and closed today's show, is very likely to get the campaign. And that would be great since I think she really fits this new Loewe.
Now, the big questions are:
  a)Do I like the collection? Yes. I usually like Anderson's designs.
  b)Do I think he's the right designer for a brand like Loewe? Well, I don't know.
I think he did a good job. You can see his own style when you look at the clothes, but he toned it down a little so it would be easier to see Loewe's classic style too.
But, as usual, only time will tell.














Tenemos diseñador nuevo en Loewe.
Muchas cosas han cambiado desde que Vevers se fue. El contrato de Penélope Cruz con la marca parece haberse acabado. Ahora es Meisel quien va a fotografiar las campañas. Y el director de casting ha cambiado también. A ver, está claro que esas son las chicas de Ashley.
Julia, que ha abierto y cerrado el desfile de hoy, parece una fuerte candidata a llevarse la campaña. Y eso estaría genial, ya que pega mucho con este nuevo Loewe.
Ahora vienen las dos grandes preguntas:
  a)¿Me gusta la colección? Si, siempre me suelen gustar los diseños de Anderson.
  b)¿Le considero el diseñador idóneo para una marca como Loewe? Pues no lo sé.
Creo que ha hecho un buen trabajo. Se puede ver su estilo en la ropa, pero se ha contenido un poco a la hora de diseñar, para que también se pueda ver el estilo más clásico de Loewe.
Pero, como siempre, solo el tiempo dirá. 





  -Dior:

Dior had a livestream again! You have no idea how happy that made me. Getting to watch the movement of the clothes makes a big difference.
The collection itself is a bit too white for my taste. But it's a pretty one.
I really enjoy the lenght of the trousers. I think it suits the mood of the collection. The coats are stunning, and I love the tiny pops of colour we got.
The boots are super cool.
























¡Dior ha vuelto a tener stream! No tenéis ni idea de lo feliz que me hace. Ver el movimiento de la ropa hace que todo se vea de manera diferente.
La colección en si es demasiado blanca para mi gusto. Pero es bonita.
Me gusta mucho la largura de los pantalones. Creo que es la que más pega con el estilo de la colección. Los abrigos son preciosos, y me encantan los pequeños toques de color que hay.
Las botas son una pasada.




  -Isabel Marant:

Same old, same old.
To be honest, I liked her last collection better. That one was more beautiful than this one.

















Lo mismo, lo mismo,...lo mismo de siempre.
Siendo sincera, me gustó más la colección de la temporada pasada. Fue más bonita que esta.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Blast from the past: Vogue USA December 1992, "Grunge & glory"

MET Gala 2018: Best dressed