Paris Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2017: Review #2

My gif (Video source: Kendam's yt channel)

Final review of a fashion month that hasn't been the most exciting for me. However, PFW made me fall in love with shows again. Well, sort of...

Reseña final de un mes de desfiles que no ha sido el más excitante para mi. Sin embargo, la PFW me ha hecho enamorarme de los desfiles otra vez. Bueno, más o menos...


  -Valentino:

My most anticipated show was Valentino's, since it was Pierpaolo's first solo collection for the brand. I think it's obvious that him and Maria Grazia work best as a team, but that doesn't meant this collection was bad. It's gorgeous but, I feel like something is missing. Though, I'll give him (and her) some time. Proper judgement will come in January with the HC.


Mi desfile más esperado era el de Valentino, ya que era la primera colección que diseñaba Pierpaolo en solitario. Creo que es obvio que él y Maria Grazia trabajan mejor como equipo, pero eso no significa que esta colección sea mala. Es preciosa, pero me falta algo. Dicho esto, les daré tiempo a ambos para adaptarse a las nuevas situaciones. Eso sí, en enero les juzgaré igual que al resto.


  -Chanel:

It was funny seeing those robots at Chanel. I was watching the BBC's docummentary about UK Vogue a couple of days ago and Alex Shulman (UK Vogue's editor-in-chief) talked about how Karl Lagerlfeld is so focused on the future. Well duh, he really is.


Fue gracioso ver robots en Chanel. El otro día estaba viendo el documental de la BBC sobre UK Vogue, y en el Alex Shulman (la directora de UK Vogue) hablaba de que Karl Lagerfeld está obsesionado con mirar al futuro. Pues vale, si que lo está.


  -Louis Vuitton:

I left the house yesterday morning at 8.08 am. I went for a long walk and then I treated myself to a Pumpkin Spice Latte because...why not? 
When I started my computer at 9.43 am, I knew checking LV's show was the first thing to do, and I was very surprised. The first outfits are way softer than what Nicholas usually does, which was quite a pleasant surprise. It still is his usual LV, but I see more variety, and that's a great thing.


Me fui de casa ayer por la mañana a las 8.08. Di un paseo bastante largo y luego me recompensé a mi misma con Pumpkin Spice Latte porque...¿por qué no?
Cuando encendí el ordenador a las 9.43, sabía que ver el desfile de LV estaba en lo más alto de mi lista de cosas que hacer. Y me quedé muy sorprendida. Los primeros pases son mucho más suaves de lo habitual, y eso me resultó una sorpresa muy positiva. Sigue siendo el LV de siempre (en la época Nicholas, claro está), pero veo más variedad y eso es siempre una buena noticia.


  -Miu Miu:

Miu Miu used to be my most anticipated show...then Katie Grand happened. Ashley makes shows "instagirls" free (yeah, I know about Ralph Lauren but, let's not go back there) and somehow exclusive. Prada has survived this change, but Miu Miu is cringeworthy. You can't expect me to respect your collection when you disrespect everyone by letting Sara Sampaio walk the show.


Miu Miu solía ser el desfile que más ganas de ver tenía...luego apareció Katie Grand. Ashley hace que los desfiles estén libre de "instagirls" (no, no necesito que me recordéis lo de Ralph Lauren) y en cierto modo son más exclusivos. Prada ha sobrevivido ese cambio, pero lo de Miu Miu es vergonzoso. No podéis esperar que respete una colección cuando se le está faltando al respecto a todo el mundo dejando que Sara Sampaio desfile para la marca.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Blast from the past: Vogue USA December 1992, "Grunge & glory"

MET Gala 2018: Best dressed