SS 14 campaigns: Christian Dior & Valentino

Christian Dior: Stella Tennant, Edie Campbell, Elise Crombez & Julia Nobis by Willy Wanderperre 



I have a lot to say about this campaign.

First, the cast. Dior had a kind of deal with DNA agency, so they only used models from that agency. That's why we don't see Daria S. in here, and I'm sure Sasha Luss could have been part of this campaign as well. But both of them are with Women, so they didn't make it.
Those kind of deals are fine, but I'd rather see Sasha than Edie or Stella. Happy to see Elise again, and happy to see Julia (even if she doesn't look like herself).
Then, you know I loved the collection. After watching the show, I couldn't talk about anything else. And this campaign disappoints me.
Raf and Willy created all those perfect campaigns for Jil Sander, and I don't get why the can't do they same for Dior. I do like the black & white portraits, though. But the other shots are really underwhelming, which is sad because the clothes are gorgeous.
So, mixed feelings with this campaign. I guess I would give it 2.5 stars out of 5, which isn't good enough for Dior.






https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnLFI3brfZI

Tengo tanto que decir sobre esta campaña.
Primero, sobre el casting. Dior tiene una especie de acuerdo con DNA, así que solo han usado modelos de esa agencia. Por eso no vemos a Daria S. aquí, y estoy segura de que Sasha Luss habría estado en la campaña de no ser por el acuerdo. Pero ambas están en Women, así que no las vemos en la campaña.
Ese tipo de acuerdos me parecen bien pero, prefiero ver a Sasha antes que a Edie o a Stella. Me alegra ver a Elise de nuevo, y a Julia (aunque no parezca ella).
Ya sabéis que adoro esta colección. Después de ver el desfile, no tenía otro tema de conversación. Y es por eso que la campaña me decepciona.
Raf y Willy crearon todas esas perfectas campañas para Jil Sander, y no me entra en la cabeza como es que no hacen lo mismo en Dior. Me gustan los retratos en blanco y negro, pero el resto de fotos no son lo suficientemente buenos, lo cual es triste porque la ropa es preciosa.

Así que tengo sentimientos encontrados al mirar esta campaña. Supongo que podría darle 2.5 estrellas de 5, lo cual no es suficiente para Dior.



Valentino SS 14: Malaika Firth, Auguste Abeliunaite, Ester Heesch & Maarte Verhoef by Craig McDean


Valentino's collection was probably my favourite collection of the season (it's hard to pick just one as my favourite), and the campaign is probably my favourite of the season as well.
So simple, yet so stunning. Perfect idea to show the clothes, which speak for themselves.
I don't really care about the cast, which is kind of dull. But these clothes need no strong personality to wear them, because as I said, they speak for themselves. 
You all know how much I love it when things are simple and pretty.


















La colección de Valentino fue probablemente mi favorita de la temporada (es difícil nombrar solo una como favorita), y la campaña es probablemente mi favorita de la temporada también.
Tan simple, y a la vez tan maravillosa. La idea es perfecta para mostrar la ropa, que habla por si sola.
No me interesa en absoluto el casting, que es algo "meh". Pero es que esta rooa  no necesita que la lleve alguien con una personalidad fuerte, porque ya he dicho que habla por si sola.
Sabéis que me encanta todo lo que sea simple y bonito.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Blast from the past: Vogue USA December 1992, "Grunge & glory"

MET Gala 2018: Best dressed