SS 14 campaigns: Marc Jacobs, Marc by Marc Jacobs & Alexander Wang

Marc Jacobs SS 14: Miley Cyrus, Esmeralda Seay Reynolds & Natalie Westling by David Sims


So, Miley is on a Marc Jacobs campaign...groundbreaking!! However, I can't say this looks bad because it looks quite good. 
It wasn't shot by Teller, because he refused to shoot Miley and, even though I love Teller and I'm not Sims' biggest fan, I like the campaign. The collection was hideous, and this campaign makes it look a hundred times better. 
I know Miley changed and now you either love her or hate her. I kind of don't care about her anymore, but I mean, she's tall and has a good body, so she can make clothes look good. She tries to look like a model, and she tries a bit too hard...but still, this is better than Lily's face on last season's campaign, isn't it?




Así que Miley sale en una campaña de Marc Jacobs...¡qué innovador! Sin embargo, no puedo decir que sea mala campaña porque es bastante buena.
No ha sido fotografiado por Teller, pero se negó a fotografiar a Miley y, pese a que adoro a Teller y no me gusta mucho Sims, me gusta la campaña. La colección fue horrible, y esta campaña hace que se vea mil veces mejor de lo que es.
Se que Miley ha cambiado y ahora o se la quiere o se la odio. Yo paso bastante de ella pero, es alta y tiene buen cuerpo así que puede lucir la ropa. Intenta parecer modelo y, lo intenta un poco demasiado...pero aún así, esto es mejor que las caras de Lily el año pasado, ¿o no?



Marc by Marc Jacobs SS 14: Maria Palm, Nicole Pollard & Chris Davis by Juergen Teller


I loved this collection, I really did. But this is bad. So ugly and bad.





Me encantó la colección, de verdad. Pero esto es malo. Feo y malo.



Alexander Wang SS 14 : Anna Ewers & Zuzu Tadeushuk by Steven Klein


When I saw this collection, I said I loved it. It was a first, because I'm not Wang's biggest fan. But I did liked this collection in particular.
Then I saw the first picture of the campaign (the one with the toilets where we only see the models' feet) and I knew I shouldn't have said I liked the collection, because Wang always finds a way to disappoint me.
Well, I may have been wrong, because I love the second picture. Anna looks terrific. She opened the show and she's perfect for this kind of collection.
It was really fun to see her talking on a video, because she was giggling all the time, and she seemed kind of shy. But then you see her on the runway or in photoshots and she's a real badass. Here she looks sexy and badass, all in one.
That's why I like it. And I have to say she's the first model who's been able to really catch my eye since Vanessa did. I don't know what it is but there is something about Anna that I really like. I think she can do big things in this industry. Too bad she looks like really famous women (BB, Claudia S.), because people tend to judge, and a lot of them don't recognize her talent just because she looks like someone else. Well, it's not her fault. 
But, as I said, this is a good campaign. Nice surprise.




Cuando ví esta colección, ya dije que me gustaba. Y fue una primera vez para mi, porque no soy una fan de Wang precisamente. Pero si que me ha gustado esta colección en concreto.
Cuando vi la primera imagen de la campaña (la de los baños donde vemos solo los pies de las modelos) sentí que ya me arrepentía de decir que me había gustado la colección, porque Wang siempre encuentra como decepcionarme.
Pero, se ve que estaba equivocada, porque adoro la segunda imagen. Anna sale espectacular. Abrió el desfile y es perfecta para este tipo de colección.
Fue gracioso verla en un vídeo hablando, porque no dejaba de reírse y parecía algo tímida. Sin embargo luego la vemos en la pasarela o en fotos, y tiene esa imagen total de badass. Aquí no solo es badass, sino que también es sexy. Dos en uno.
Y es por eso que me gusta. Y tengo que decir que ella es la primera modelo que me hace fijarme en ella de verdad desde que Vanessa provocó en mi ese sentimiento. No se que es, pero hay algo en ella que me gusta. Creo que puede hacer cosas grandes en la industria. La pena es que tenga parecido físico con mujeres tan famosas (BB, Claudia S.), porque la gente tiende a juzgar, y muchos no le reconocerán su talento solo por parecerse a alguien. Pero, no es su culpa.

Como ya he dicho, es una buena campaña. Y eso ha sido una sorpresa agradable.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Blast from the past: Vogue USA December 1992, "Grunge & glory"

MET Gala 2018: Best dressed